Master of Science in Agronomy
Duration: 2 Years
Level: Post Graduation
M.Sc. Agronomy or Master of Science in Agronomy is a postgraduate Agriculture course. Agronomy is the application of the various soil and plant sciences to soil management and crop production; scientific agriculture. Subjects studied under this degree are modern concepts in crop production, physiology of drought, herbicides and crop production, physiological aspect of crop yield, principles of crop nutrition, physiology of crop plants, advanced irrigation agronomy, agricultural research organizations, advanced crop ecology, applied conservation agronomy, arid zone agronomy, cropping and farming systems and agrometeorology. After passing the course, students have many opportunities in various fields.
M.Sc. Agronomy Eligibility
- They should have passed B.Sc. (Ag.) or an equivalent qualifying examination recognized by the University
- Obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate under the traditional system
M.Sc. Agronomy Suitability
- Students should have been good at Biologies such as knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment
- They should also be good at Mathematics such as knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications
- Candidates also possess analytical thinking as the job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Applicants should also have complex problem solving such as identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
How is M.Sc? Agronomy Course Beneficial?
- After passing the Master Degree course, students have further teaching and research studies options
- They can also join the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Delhi as a junior fellow researcher
- Candidates can work in the private sector on applied research and product development or engage in basic research, mainly in universities or government agencies
- They can also become an agricultural scientist who can also work as consultants to business firms, private clients or to government
M.Sc. Agronomy Employment Areas
Colleges & Universities
Department of Land Affairs
Farm Services Agency
Lawn Care Companies
M.Sc. Agronomy Job Types
Research Testing Associate
Subject Matter Specialist
Project Fellow/Research Associate
Lecturer & Teacher