M.Sc. Entomology or Master of Science in Entomology
It is a postgraduate Agriculture Science and Technology course. Entomology is a branch of zoology concerned with the study of insects. The course will provide an opportunity for students to gain in-depth knowledge on Public Health Entomology and to acquire intense training on modern approaches of epidemiology and control of vectors and vector-borne diseases. The course constitutes advanced studies about pest management strategies and methods to prevent pests from spreading agents which might be responsible for causing fatal diseases. Course deals in various important aspects of insects and agriculture. So, it can be said that entomologists are at the revolutionary stage of scientific research in different fields of entomology like systematic, biological control and pest management to name few.
M.Sc. Entomology Eligibility
- B.Sc. or any other equivalent qualification in relevant subject with minimum 60% marks
- Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination for admission
M.Sc. Entomology Course Suitability
- Entomology Course is an ideal choice for those who love the fascinating world of insects or animals and greenery of the agriculture profession.
- The course is suitable for those who wish to become involved in integrated crop management, pest management, applied entomology or who wish to go on to postgraduate research.
- Applicants should possess critical thinking like using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- They must be a good time manager such as managing one's own time and the time of others as well.
How is M.Sc Entomology Course Beneficial?
- The Course gives a good base for further research studies such as Ph.D
- Candidates can and employment in agricultural advisory services, agricultural, horticultural and forestry research institutions, conservation bodies, universities, commercial organizations within the agrochemical sector, the pesticide industry, overseas aid programmes, international NGOs, environmental groups, local authorities, and pest control consultants in the private sector
- Applicants also have opportunities related to teaching, scientific research and technical positions with colleges and universities, experiment stations, government agencies, military services, private and industrial organizations.
- They can also have jobs in terms like fertilizer companies, seed companies, insecticides or pesticides companies, bio-fertilizer companies and biological control base companies
M.Sc. Entomology Employment Areas
- Colleges & Universities
- Defence Services
- Forensic Labs
- Healthcare Sector
- Agriculture Sector
M.Sc. Entomology Job Types
- Entomology Research Associate
- Junior Research Fellow
- Associate Professor
- Business Development Executive